L E G E N D


Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rick Wakeman - (1996) The New Gospels

"I think this is a great album - I should make it clear from the start that I am a Christian which perhaps makes me biased. Because of my beliefs I love the message that the music is giving. However on a purely musical level, it rates very highly also. The outstanding track for me is "Children of Mine" which musically has a Tubular Bells feel. The narrated passage telling the story of the two apostles meeting Jesus on the road to Emmaus gives me goose-bumps every time I listen to it. The one small criticism I have of the album is the occasional excessive amount of vibrato in Ramon Remedios's voice - whose is otherwise excellent. Interestingly when seeing Ramon on Rick's recent church tour I detected no vibrato in his singing.
review by Julian Simpson on 23/07/1999"

Track List:
01 Galilee/The Word/Power
02 The Gift/The Magnificat
03 The Welcoming/Welcome a Star
04 The Way/The Baptism
05 Tempt Him
06 The Sermon on the Mount
07 The Lord's Prayer
08 The Road to Jerusalem
09 Trail and Error
10 Await The Hour
11 The Cross
12 Children of Mine/The Last Verse

Artist List:
Rick Wakeman - Keyboards
David Paton - Bass
Garfield Morgan - Narration
Ramon Remedios - Vocals (Tenor)
The New Gospels Choir - Choir

1 comment:

dj_Koppig said...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P5TK3TWI