L E G E N D


Saturday, July 26, 2008

Genesis - (1970) Trespass

Genesis - (1970) Trespass

Studio Album, released in 1970

I was thinking before I started this review that I would more than likely go with the traditional wisdom and give this 4 stars. Meaning yeah it's good, but not as good as the next few albums. But then I listened to it consecutively a few times, and all I can say is, This is really really good. If this were some other unknown band, I would have no hesitation in giving this the masterpiece label. There are no weak points for me. Sure it starts off a little slower, but it is all so well done I can just sink into the atmosphere and get carried away. Then we eventually get to 'The Knife' which has to rank up in my favourite songs of all time. I end up thinking I can't punish this album just because the band has OTHER masterpieces. This is still a masterpiece.

Track Listings

1. Looking For Someone (7:06)
2. White Mountain (6:42)
3. Visions Of Angels (6:50)
4. Stagnation (8:48)
5. Dusk (4:13)
6. The Knife (8:56)

Total Time: 42:35

Line-up/Musicians
- Peter Gabriel / lead voice, flute, accordion, tambourine and bass drum
- Anthony Phillips / acoustic 12-string, lead electric, dulcimer, voices
- Anthony Banks / organ, piano, Mellotron, guitar, voices
- Michael Rutherford / acoustic 12-string, electric bass, nylon, cello, voices
- John Mayhew / drums, percussion, voices

1 comment:

dj_Koppig said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/42069846/Genesis_-_1970_-_Trespass_-_Upload_by_Ademar.rar