L E G E N D


Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rick Wakeman - (1981) 1984

Rick's Perspective: Notes The wrong album at the wrong time, with all the wrong people around at the time. To do an orchestral rock concept album at a musical time when I probably couldn't even have got a job as a piano tuner was nigh on suicidal. I formed the wrong band, (the worst I have ever had), the deal for the stage show fell through and all in all I listen back to the music with my headin my hands. True there are some good moments, but my personal life was such a mess at the time that I should have run away rather than run into the studio!
Wakey's Verdict: In retrospect, a mistake. Great lyrics from Tim Rice though and a magical performance from Chaka Khan.


Track List:
01 Overture 10' 57"/
02 Julia 4' 45"/
03 The Hymn 3' 13"/
04 The Room (Brainwash) 4' 16"/
05 Robot Man 3' 55"/
06 Sorry 3' 6"/
07 No Name 3' 18"/
08 Forgotten Memories 2' 57"/
09 The Proles 3' 32"/
10 1984 6' 28"

Line-Up:
Rick Wakeman - Keyboards/
Tim Rice - Vocals & All Lyrics/
Chaka Khan - Vocals/
Jon Anderson - Vocals/
Kenny Lynch - Vocals/
Steve Harley - Vocals/
Tim Stone - Guitar/
Steve Barnacle - Bass/
Gary Barnacle - Saxaphone/
Tony Fernandez - Drums/
Frank Riccotti - Drums


1 comment:

dj_Koppig said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/15764715/WKMN84.rar.html